Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bathrooms

OK, so it's time to start gathering some inspiration for bathroom renos.  Probably not going to happen for a while, but I like getting some ideas together.  A girl's gotta dream.

I do love the idea of a fresh white bathroom.  Although I sway between loving the idea and thinking it's a tad on the boring side.  I like the small mosaics used in this bathroom for the texture they add, and particularly like the inset shelf under the mirrored cabinets.  Plus the light.  Damn I love a light filled bathroom.

More small tiles + inset shelf with mirrored cabinets. 

Loving the patterned window. I've seen a place that does these window stickers in my travels, just need to remember where.

I dig the old style tiles and wallpaper.  Probably won't go so out there in our bathroom/s but I love the idea. 

Wallpaper plus small mosaics & penny rounds.  Love it.

Anna from D16 is a genius, and can you believe she & her husband Evan did all of it themselves?  Loving the black penny round floor tiles with black grout.  


 Anna's from D16's other bathroom.  I LOVE these grey hexagonal mosaics.  Especially the way they reflect the light in the below image.



There is something so serene about this image.  And I adore those wall tiles.  Not so hot in the shower though, all that grout to keep clean.  Still.  Sigh.

I'm pretty sure this is the bathroom of Matt & Jane's from The Block.  How do I possibly remember that when I can't remember what I did yesterday?  I have no idea.  But I loved their apartment, and how clever, using very simple black and white tiles in a striped pattern like this.  Cheap tiles looking expensive.  Awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Yep... Barb I can empathise with the desire to dream knowing it probably won't be happening for a while. That too is the story with our bathroom.

    Thanks for the inspiration tho'. I too am loving the black & white stipes in that bathroom (will attempt to store that in the memory bank) - also getting a bit excited over those black floor tiles in the old worldy bathroom pic.... I can see them working a treat in my house!! mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am completely in love with those marble mosaics from door sixteen, thought about using them for my ensuite but the budget took over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think budget will play a large part in ours too. What a dirty little word that is.

    Love to see some pics of your bathrooms if you have any.
    Pics that is. I'm sure you have bathrooms :)

    ReplyDelete