Monday, July 20, 2009

Dry Spell Gardening


My favourite show has returned to the Lifestyle Channel for a second season. Hooray! I fell in love with Brendon Moar's work in Season One of Dry Spell Gardening. Not only is he a completely likeable (and easy to look at) guy, but he is so creative. It amazes me the way he can bring a garden to life, using colours, materials and fabrics that it would never have occured to me to use in an outside space. He has a very clever way of making the hardscaping an integral part of the garden, almost like it's an extension of the home itself. Which, I guess, is what creating a successful outdoor living area is all about. I feel so inspired when I watch this show. The other thing I like is that this is no Backyard Blitz type arrangement. These are real people, with real budgets and real timeframes.

Here are a couple of snaps taken from Season One's gardens:




















Check here for more information and some before and after shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment