Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stools


I saw this house tour on Apartment Therapy today. Looks pretty schmick. A tad more minimalist than my taste, but I love what they have done with the bones of the place. I also found myself admiring the stools. I think they are from IKEA, or at the very least, these IKEA versions are a ripoff of a more expensive design:
Sebastian stool, IKEA - $69.00


I went out and saw one of my old CIT teachers yesterday. She is a designer for a kitchen company. I've arranged for her to come out and see us and help me refine my design for our new kitchen and family room, plus give me a quote so I can really start working towards this. Very exciting! Part of the new layout includes four stools at the island bench. The above is definitely a contender, it fits into the white/oak scheme, plus how can you go past $69 each when working to a budget? Below are some of the other contenders:


Eric Buch stool, Great Dane Furniture $795 each
or a replica version from Matt Blatt, $325 each


Hoopla sled barstool by Stylecraft, $?
(in $300 - $600 price bracket I'm thinking)


Babar by Stylecraft, $?
(with a gas-lift, would be in the $500 - $700+ range)




Stella by Plank, through Designcraft, $755 each

No comments:

Post a Comment