Friday, July 31, 2009

Poulier + Poulier

I saw a teensy little piece on Poulier + Poulier in the August edition of Real Living and got very excited. I've been wanting an old tram roll for our house for an eternity, but as they are over $1,000 each, this is the next best thing to keep me happy in the interim. Poulier + Poulier are a husband and wife team, Mark & Lisa Poulier:

"Having met at university while undertaking degrees in Graphic Design, we discovered a shared enthusiasm for authentic typography, which we have since fostered through design and advertising careers in London and in our hometown Melbourne.

Our latest venture however is into the world of screen printing, with the simple design philosophy of creating timeless, graphic pieces with wit and charm."

I contacted Mark through their website and was very excited to receive my two tea towels pronto in the post today: the eyechart and the St Kilda tram roll. I'm off to IKEA this weekend on our way back from Nelson Bay, so will pick up some frames for some instant artwork! Poulier + Poulier also do prints for framing, but I love the look of the linen tea towels in the frames, they have a bit more character.

all images Poulier + Poulier

No comments:

Post a Comment