Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cooks Hill Cottage


We travel up to Port Stephens and Newcastle regularly, as my husband's mother now resides in Nelson Bay. Such a beautiful part of the world! I have always had a soft spot for Newcastle, as my Dad was born there, and we traveled there at least a couple of times a year as kids to visit his rellies. Not only does Newcastle have a the most gorgeous climate and some of the country's best beaches, but having such an extensive history, it has the most beautiful architecture. I would be there in a flash if Des could feasibly work there. So many cute little cottages and impressive stone buildings. Much of it rather run down, but momentum is gaining and it is the hip new place to be for artists and designers who can't afford Sydney or just don't want to deal with the rat race that goes along with it. Anyway, I digress......as I just came across this beautiful little self contained cottage for rent right in the middle of town. Gorgeous! And so reasonably priced. If we have to stay in Newcastle for one reason or another, this is where I want to be.











All images Cooks Hill Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment