Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kitchens


OK. It's time for kitchens. I am despo to get our kitchen and family room renovated. We have a beautiful big space that lends itself to opening right up out onto a huge deck. We love to entertain, and like most other households - everyone tends to congregate in the kitchen - and because of it's current ridiculous design, we all end up standing up and looking awkward. Maybe this is just in my head? Anyhow, as a hostess, this makes me incredibly uncomfortable. I dream of having the perfect space, both entertainment-wise and aesthetically/functionally.

Here is a bit of my inspiration:


These are the Kartell pendant lights I am lusting after. With a limed timber and white kitchen!
If the overhead cabinets were white - perfection.
via Desire to Inspire


via Desire to Inspire, Sarah Blee

I think this is the very same kitchen from the house in Yarralumla in my last post
House & Garden May 07


Inside Out Kitchen & Bathroom book


Too big? 550mm diameter
Tama pendant by Beacon Lighting


As you can see, limed timber and white is my thing. With the big Zuster table, divine. But what on the floor? And splashback? And where to have the timber, where to have the white. I have so many things running around in my head, but still many decisions to be made. Must draw up a kitchen plan.....

1 comment:



  1. Modular Kitchen IndiaIndia's finest decorative arts for luxury home furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles Modular Kitchen Designsexcellence in producing and Quality standards. will give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home.

    ReplyDelete